Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Been a while...

Sorry it's been so long since posting...kinda  a crazy summer around here.  I did a quick trip to Kansas a couple weeks ago to spend some time with my friend Sara's family, they lost their father to cancer.  It was so good to be able to be there for that time even though I had the worst airplane travel experiences of my life.  I basically was delayed/cancelled and did not get there in time for the funeral but did get to spend time with them afterwards which was a blessing.  Then on the way home from it my flight was delayed which then made me miss my connecting flight in Chicago, was put on another flight, that was cancelled, then on another flight that was cancelled until I finally made it to Hartford CT at 3 am in the morning!  I was supposed to arrive at White Plains NY at 9 pm...what a headache but so worth it to see this family that we have known for most of my life and to see my parents who just happened to be there.  They were doing a Kansas trip and had taken 3 weeks to drive out to Kansas and see their friends along the way.  And the date of the funeral was the date that they were in our hometown.  So it was wonderful to see them!

The rest of our weeks have been busy getting ready for camps coming up and normal everyday life.  We are headed to Wyld Life camp, which is for middle schoolers, July 26-30.  It will be crazy and fun...I'll try to post after we get back with some fun pictures and probably funnier quotes!

1 comment:

Christi said...

You have been tagged by me!